Mr. Dixon counsels and advises clients on a broad range of issues that encompass transactions, operations, regulation and litigation.
In practice for more than 20 years, Mr. Dixon began his legal career as in-house counsel in the Law & Public Policy department of MCI in Washington, D.C. Subsequent to MCI, Mr. Dixon practiced in the telecommunications group of Davis Wright Tremaine, LLP. Mr. Dixon later served as Vice President & General Counsel for Vycera Communications, Inc., a San Diego-based CLEC, and Assistant General Counsel for Jenny Craig, Inc.
Today, Mr. Dixon handles a wide variety of business, regulatory and litigation matters for his clients. In addition, Mr. Dixon has extensive experience in appellate work, including telecom-related appeals before the California Court of Appeal and the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth and Tenth Circuits.
Mr. Dixon’s clients have included competitive local exchange carriers (CLECs), domestic and international interexchange carriers (IXCs), ISPs, satellite service providers, communications equipment manufacturers and other communications and technology companies.
- Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and state public utility commission (PUC) advocacy, including rulemakings, declaratory petitions, adjudications, enforcement matters and formal and informal complaints, including PUCs in California, Oregon, Washington, Arizona, Illinois and Massachusetts
- Drafting and negotiating wholesale, enterprise customer, dark fiber and other commercial contracts
- Negotiating and arbitrating interconnection agreements (ICAs) with ILECs before state PUCs, including California, Oregon, Washington and Arizona
- Negotiating and drafting traffic exchange agreements
- Challenging PUC decisions in federal district courts and before the U.S. Court of Appeals
- Challenging FCC orders before the U.S. Court of Appeals
- Preparing initial tariffs and revising existing tariffs filed with the FCC and state PUCs, including California, Oregon, Washington, Arizona, Illinois, Texas and Massachusetts
- Representing CLECs in commercial litigation before state and federal district courts
- Federal and state regulatory compliance and reporting, including California, Oregon, Washington, Arizona, Illinois and Texas
- Regulatory fee matters, including Universal Service Fund (USF) issues and state equivalents in California, Oregon, Texas
- Intercarrier compensation (ICC) issues
- Numbering issues
Mr. Dixon earned his undergraduate degree from Duke University and his law degree from American University, Washington College of Law.